Nautilus Elementary is a patched version of Nautilus;the default file manger of ubuntu with an emphasis for simplicity and elegance.the entire facelift and patching is done by the awesome elementary theme creators.
What are the new stuff Nautilus Elementary brings to the table?
- A much simplified , good looking and easy to use nautilus
- awesome theme support + rgba transparency is supported out of box*
- Ubuntu software center inspired Breadcrumbs are really coool!!
- easy to use view point switcher
- Increase/decrease slider at the bottom
- zeitgeist search integration support
- For installing you must add its PPA's.Open terminal and copy paste the following code line by line.
enter password when asked
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Now to enablOpen Terminal and copy-paste commands line by line.
cd wget http://gnaag.k2city.eu/nautilus-breadcrumbs-hack.tar.gz tar -xvf nautilus-breadcrumbs-hack.tar.gz
- Now open Nautilus file browser and goto Edit - Preferences - Tweaks
- And Tick the show like breadcrumbs option.
- Now restart Nautilus.
- nautilus -q
now see the beautiful sexy nautilus dancing in your desktop